Mother Nature has blessed us with many wonderful things and here at Nalu Bowls, we think natural is best. From the ingredients we use to prepare our selection of nutritious smoothie bowls to the coconut bowls we serve the smoothie fruit in, we pride ourselves on using what the planet provided us.
Everyone can enjoy a fresh and healthy start with a nutritious and nourishing coconut shell full of blended fruits! Take the mixed fruit smoothie for example – this is one of our more popular smoothie bowls because it provides a dollop of vitamin-rich goodness in a single mouthful.
Examples of the locally-sourced smoothie fruit we use (and the benefits of each) are as follows:
- Strawberries – Known as the ‘Queen of Fruits’, the strawberry contains manganese, magnesium, potassium, folate, and dietary fibre. Include the heart-shaped nutritional treats in your fruit smoothie bowl for a fat-free daily dose of Vitamin C.
- Dragon Fruit – You can’t ignore the health benefits of dragon fruit nutrition. This brightly-coloured fruit is packed with vitamins C, B1, B2 and B3. The low-calorie “super fruit” will leave you feeling satisfied and in control of your weight.
- Papaya – Some evidence-based health benefits of raw papaya include digestion improvement, skin protection, and inflammation prevention.
- Banana – Bananas, when consumed, can moderate blood sugar levels. What’s more, this yellow smoothie fruit naturally enhances mood, reduces post-surf swelling, and prevents muscle cramps.
- Mango – A mixed fruit smoothie made with mango will alkalize the body, regulate diabetes, and fight cancer.
- Pineapple – The fresh pineapple in our smoothie bowls will support the immune system, improve bone strength, and minimize the risks of macular degeneration.
Go Nuts for Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowls
Here at Nalu Bowls, we also offer a decadent delight for all of you peanut butter lovers out there. The J-Bay peanut butter smoothie is named after Jeffrey’s Bay surf in South Africa’s Eastern Cape province, where the right-hand point break is probably the best on the planet! Packed with protein, the energy-boosting smoothie bowl is a mixture of peanut butter, banana, honey, and soy milk. Get creative with a peanut butter smoothie by selecting from our fruity toppings, such as goji berries, blueberry, mango, papaya, raspberry, or coconut shreds.
Do you have a preference for our smoothie bowls? If you have a recipe of your own, why not share it with us? You can put your recipe to the test and serve your very own concoction in one of our coconut shell Nalu Bowls, which will be on sale soon.