Have you been thinking about eating raw? If so, the Nalu Bowls team invite you to order an organic bowl of goodness at our smoothie shacks around Bali and Jakarta. A raw diet will result in increased energy levels, improved concentration, weight control, enhanced digestion, deeper sleep, and flawless skin. What’s more, the risk of developing a disease will be slashed once you start introducing raw ingredients into your fruit bowl!
What are raw foods?
Consider “raw foodism” a way of life that focuses on consuming foods just as Mother Nature intended. This dietary practice follows the philosophy of eating unprocessed and uncooked foods. Organic staple foods are consumed as part of a raw food diet, with staple fruits being the main ingredients for our delicious Nalu Bowls. Since the ingredients will not be heated past the enzyme-eliminating point of 40-46°C, the health benefits of digestive enzymes are not lost.
When it is cooked, it is killed. Stay real, stay raw.
Let’s take a look at some of the Nalu Bowls options for raw food lovers:
- Uluwatu (Dragon Fruit, banana, papaya, raspberry, apple juice) – A fountain of youth, this antioxidant-filled bowl is prepared with vitamin C-rich ingredients and powerful antioxidants that prevent the body from ageing quickly. The fibre will keep your digestive system functioning, while the B and C vitamins will charge the immune system and boost energy levels. Lycopene is contained in dragon fruit nutrition, which can repair body damage caused by disease.
- Teahupoo (Spinach, ginger, banana, orange, pineapple, mango, apple juice) – “The Teahupoo” will eradicate toxins, protect against radical-free damage, and increase antioxidant intake. Take a gulp of green goodness to ensure your bloodstream contains the essential minerals, vitamins, and enzymes.
- J-Bay (Peanut butter, banana, honey, soy milk) – This post-surf tasty healthy recipe is as indulgent as it is nutritional. Amino acid-packed peanuts help the muscle tissue to grow and repair, while the potassium-rich banana replenishes lost electrolytes.
- Pipeline (Banana, pineapple, mango, coconut milk, coconut water) – An immune-building, energy lifting, anti-inflammatory bowl of tropical fruits that will digest protein, keep the body hydrated, and enhance mental clarity. From the enzyme papain in the pineapple to the beta-carotene contained in the yellow fruits, this hydrating bowl of golden goodness will satisfy morning and midday hunger cravings.
- Macaronis (Papaya, mango, dragon fruit, pineapple, strawberries, banana) – Named after the Mentawai Island swells, this multi-vitamin and mineral bowl will give your body a dose of minerals, fibre and magnesium, thanks to the raw-form papaya, cholesterol-lowering mango, phytonutrient-filled dragon fruit, bone-strengthening pineapple, anti-inflammatory strawberries, and heart-healthy bananas.
Add extra gusto and goodness to your raw fruit bowl by selecting from our range of toppings, such as bee pollen, goji berries, and chia seeds.